COVID-19 Pandemic Update
The tax deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. Upload your documents, drop them off at our office, and learn about any new tax rules by calling us today. Please stay safe.

Things to Bring for Preparing Your Taxes (Tax Preparation Checklist)

To ensure the highest quality of tax preparation, we recommend bringing the following information with you to your appointment.


  • Social Security Cards (including self, spouse & children)
  • Driver License or ID Card
  • Dates of birth for self, spouse & birth certificates for dependents
  • Foreign Bank account numbers and financial information (if balance > $10K at any point during the year (for mandatory FBAR filing)
  • Health care coverage (Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C)
  • Prior 3 Years Taxes for review (new clients only)
  • Child Care Provider: Name, Address, Tax ID# or SSN, and amount paid
  • Any correspondence from IRS or state taxing authorities that you would like us to clarify


  • Student loan interest paid
  • IRA contributions (paid directly to bank, not through employer)
  • Early withdrawal penalties
  • Moving expenses
  • Alimony paid (need name and SS# of recipient) or received
  • HSA deduction (paid directly to bank, not through employer)
  • Education Expense – Form 1098-T from college or vocational school


  • W-2 forms
  • Unemployment compensation: forms 1099-G
  • Miscellaneous income including rent: form(s) 1099-MISC
  • Pensions and Annuities: form(s) 1099-R
  • Social Security Benefits: form(s) SSA 1099
  • Partnerships and S Corporations: Schedule K-1
  • Rental Income and expenses
  • Gambling and Lottery Winnings: form W-2G
  • Interest Income: 1099 INT
  • Dividend Income: 1099 INT
  • Proceeds from Stocks: 1099-B (including cost basis)
  • Sale of Home Income/Loss: 1099-B (including depreciation schedules)


  • Business Income: form(s) 1099 MISC and/or own records
  • Partnership Income: Schedules K-1
  • Business-related Expenses: receipts and other documents
  • Employment Taxes and Other Estimated Business Taxes Paid for Current Tax Year
  • Tax ID Number or Incorporation Papers


  • Mortgage Interest Statement: form(s) 1098
  • Real Estate Taxes Paid
  • Personal Property Taxes: Ad Valorem
  • Charitable Donations
  • Church Tithes and Offering
  • Unreimbursed Job Expenses (including mileage and auto expenses)
  • Unreimbursed Volunteer Expenses
  • Unreimbursed Medical Expenses

Contact SCL Tax Services To Start Saving Now!